The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been in the triple digits the past few days, with it barely cooling off at night (last night was 82°F - 27°C) and the humidity isn't helping.
Today is expected to get to 108° (42°C)
Tomorrow is expected to be 111° (44°C)
Thursday's forecast is 110° (43°C)

And it doesn't look like any temps below triple digits for the next week, either...

Well....living here for years does help. June/July are generally the hottest months, with it normally 103 - 108, but those temperatures aren't "bad"..... and yes I know how that sounds. It's also very dry.....don't have to deal with heat AND humidity. But you really start to notice when it's 110+. Above 115 is dangerous. We deal with it by staying inside if at all possible. If you have to go out, minimize your time, and HYDRATE. That is the key. If you start drinking water after you go out, you're already behind.

Well....living here for years does help. June/July are generally the hottest months, with it normally 103 - 108, but those temperatures aren't "bad"..... and yes I know how that sounds. It's also very dry.....don't have to deal with heat AND humidity. But you really start to notice when it's 110+. Above 115 is dangerous. We deal with it by staying inside if at all possible. If you have to go out, minimize your time, and HYDRATE. That is the key. If you start drinking water after you go out, you're already behind.
A number of years ago my wife and I attended an International Kiwanis Convention in Phoenix in July. We had a relative living there so stayed extra days. Knowing of my love for golf they set up an evening tee time. One brought his golf cart so I could ride. To make a long story short I was the only one to not ride.At times all three were on the cart. A memorable round of golf.:occasion5:

107° (41°C) outside at the moment with extremely thick smoke from a massive wildfire that's actually gotten inside of city limits here.

The Carr Fire is over 20,000 acres and growing, Shasta, Keswick, French Gulch amd several other towns have been evacuated.

I just now took a photo for this post, to show how dark it is here at 15:28 in the afternoon.

image.jpg

Sorry to hear about the wildfire. The last couple of summers have been really rough in the western US. Last summer we drove to the northwest US to see the total solar eclipse (which was amazing), but on our way home it was nothing but wildfires almost all the way. Today was only 111 in Phoenix. Can't wait for October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back