The Weather Where You Live? (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Autumn finally got here. We've gone from a high of 84°F yesterday to 54° today. Overnight low should be around 35° or so.

Beautiful
Low this morning 18.1C with dew point 19.6C so a heavy dew
Predicted high 30C 100km/60m away which will mean we get around 35C
Perfect weather for growing the new turf I laid over most of the areas where the grass had totally died off to bare dirt in the last five years. Hopefully the areas where the grass has got very thin will also grow in to provide full coverage. At present it is just growing UP at an astonishing rate so I need to mow every 2 or 3 days.

-A rain and snow mixture will come down. The low will be 17°. South winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph expected. Local gusts to 75 mph are possible along Highway 95 near Walker Lake. Widespread power outages are possible. Travel will be hazardous, especially for high profile vehicles along Highway 95 and Alternate 95.
-The highway 395 corridor can expect road closures due to high winds and whiteouts. Wind velocity above 8,000 ft may approach 100mph.
-Guess I'm not going to Bridgeport for pizza...

No you definitely need to stay safe in that weather.

A couple of days ago here a woman went to Hungry Jacks (what you call Jack in a box) and drove out the drive through into fast flood waters and was swept away and drowned.

It does not matter how often the if its flooded forget it message is repeated there are always some who think they know better - last week four died from thinking this in Eastern Aus.

From today's weather forecast:
"Meanwhile, heavy snowfall is expected in the central Sierra Nevada Mountains, where snow could pile up as high as 10 feet.
Most residents in the Sierra Nevadas are expected to see around five to eight feet of snow, with people urged to avoid travel over the coming days due to potentially hazardous driving conditions."

I hope everyone gets Christmas weather they can be thankful for.

If it is wet here I will be forced to have a drink to celebrate and if it is dry I will be forced to have a drink to celebrate. The wetter it is the more I will celebrate.

We are going to get it pretty good compared to parts of Perth in Western Australia where highs of up to 45C are predicted for the next three days. Here, the rain, if it happens, will be welcome so long as the temperatures stay down under 35C.
1640291037422.png

We often use another forecast location 100km SSW to predict our weather and it looks very similar so we are hoping the BoM are correct for a change.
1640292391949.png

From today's weather forecast:
"Meanwhile, heavy snowfall is expected in the central Sierra Nevada Mountains, where snow could pile up as high as 10 feet.
Most residents in the Sierra Nevadas are expected to see around five to eight feet of snow, with people urged to avoid travel over the coming days due to potentially hazardous driving conditions."

You guys are tough. I would think 8 feet of snow is more than "potentially" hazardous.
If he lives in Mammoth Lakes, 8 feet is almost nothing. My parents lived there from June 1972 to June 1973. One winter and they came back over here.

If he lives in Mammoth Lakes, 8 feet is almost nothing. My parents lived there from June 1972 to June 1973. One winter and they came back over here.
I lived in Big Bear (southern California) for a short while. Winter storms coming off the Pacific could easily dump 8 to 12 feet in a single storm.
Up here in Redding, we see snowfall in town once every ten years or so, and I'm ok with that! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back