The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hail that fell in Texas. This is from the same storm system that is coming through. All schools are cancelled tomorrow. We are being told to expect 80 mph straight line winds, large hail, heavy rain, and strong long track tornadoes.

Winds are picking up already. My wife and I were watching some TV about a half hour ago when we heard a huge bang. A branch flew and hit the glass in our front door shattering it. Glass everywhere.

View attachment 664606
Damn...

Hail that fell in Texas. This is from the same storm system that is coming through. All schools are cancelled tomorrow. We are being told to expect 80 mph straight line winds, large hail, heavy rain, and strong long track tornadoes.

Winds are picking up already. My wife and I were watching some TV about a half hour ago when we heard a huge bang. A branch flew and hit the glass in our front door shattering it. Glass everywhere.

View attachment 664606
That was from up north of us. Looked really mean. Missed us down here. Possibly some today.

View attachment 664606
Oh wow!

Last week, daytime temps in the upper 80's (low 30's C) and right now, we're under winter storm warnings with a series of storms coming through with rain, snow nd daytime highs in the low 50's (11-12 C).

Not complaining, though, we really need it.

Its been a warm and sunny Indian summer sort of day with temp up to 23c. Currently now in the early night with the moon just past full, the temp is dropping and currently at 9c. Not long before we get the first frosts. :oops:

After a cool wet Spring here in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, it appears that things are finally going to warm up. Just last week here in south central Pennsylvania, the nights were in the 30's. Today it could reach 70° this afternoon.

I'm starting to suspect our weather people went to the same school as the Russian media.

As the week approaches, we're told:
"Winter storm warning, rain and snow possible!"
The next day:
"Rain and thunderstorms throughout next week"
Then:
"Scattered showers and overcast next week"
And finally:
"Partly cloudy with a chance of rain"

What really happened the next week:
sunny, light breeze...

Screenshot_20220423-101355_MyRadar_copy_600x1267.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread