The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, we're supposed to hit 46F here today ... but it was 22 this morning. I've already called the Complaint Desk.
Put one in for me, If I lived in Wisconsin and went to Green Bay with my shirt of in January that's just brain dead froze! I live in Texas, Not just Texas but SE Texas. This don't cut it. Call them again and double complain. I don't want to set and listen to the automated "TUFF" department!:p

I hate you so much right now.
Maybe I can email you some!
5AFFE87C-28E4-46EB-9659-811E6E13AB16.png

But in the meantime
89E9E772-2A39-4DAF-8D12-65C0D45868AA.jpeg

Oh sorry that's is a quote from Davy Crockett when he left Congress!

Total whiteout at the moment; can't see 100ft. Grading along and all of a sudden a haul truck goes by me. A bit unnerving
I remember one time up at the Gray Rock quarry, we were heading down to the pit to work on the Hitachi shovel and it was cold, snowing and less than 50 foot visibility and I realized that it was darker behind the service truck than it should be.
I sped up a bit and used a turnout by a drilling rig to see what was going on and a Euclid went rumbling by as I did so.

The Euc had no idea I was in front of him!

I remember one time up at the Gray Rock quarry, we were heading down to the pit to work on the Hitachi shovel and it was cold, snowing and less than 50 foot visibility and I realized that it was darker behind the service truck than it should be.
I sped up a bit and used a turnout by a drilling rig to see what was going on and a Euclid went rumbling by as I did so.

The Euc had no idea I was in front of him!
That's just to scary

When I was at Kadena AB I was working AWACS E-3B/C. We had three aircraft and assigned one tug. When a plane landed we would tug it back into its revinment. The Tug was something like 25/30 thousand lbs (don't quote me, big is what I know). We christened her Christine after the car in the movie! Very temperamental and the motor pool was on the other side of the base. One night she had to go to motor pool she was driven towards MP and she stalled out on perimeter road between the runway. This section was the bottom of a large dip (more like a shallow valley) and painted dark olive drab with just some reflective tape on her corners she was just a shadow (freaking hughe shadow). You don't easily move this vehicle when she doesn't want to move. That night a young airman was riding his bicycle home around one or two a clock in the morning. That section of the base is DARK! Coming down the hill with his head down not expecting it, he ment Christine, she didn't even notice as she killed a young father, airman, husband! She stayed for three more days taking up half a lane while investigators did their thing! If I recall they had to bring a low boy in to retrieve her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back