The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think when you break the sound barrier you break the overcast, too. We do hear quite a few sonic booms around here these days.

Has anyone ever said, "We can't take off! The Density Altitude is too negative!"

Admittedly there was a period some time back where they had an unusually strong high pressure area in Alaska and the FAA grounded all aircraft because the altimeters could not be properly calibrated.

Rain and windy conditions for today in the west Houston area.

6ADC9B51-2275-4A2C-8DFE-611CE747C19F.png

Tornado warning as well,

E3B3E4B1-D028-4419-9335-71CEDE96B4FF.jpeg

Last edited:
The Chinook we have had for a few days is ending .... back to seasonal (mid-minus-20C at night) by the weekend. Sigh.......

Second day of the ice-storm here. I called out, the oak I parked under sagging around my truck. No damage.

Tj6JJ4R.jpg

And a couple of shots from the back yard:

5ENqDnm.jpg

xV5mwL9.jpg

Not too bad, certainly not Snowmageddon 2.0, but I'm not driving Hill Country roads on this stuff.

I've been housebound by ice since Monday morning. The company finally closed all facilities yesterday, but going to reopen for 2nd and 3rd tonight. We've had freezing rain off and on since Monday morning, and I've seen ice on roads way before temp history says we should have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back