The Weather Where You Live? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It finally got up to 48f, 9c. today and sunny. So I got the floor of my wife's shed done. It's been sitting in the yard for over a month. Now, if the rain will hold off, maybe the walls tomorrow!

Well I am joining you northerners today, we are in a major ice storm/wintry weather mix of sleet and ice pellets along with thunder and lightning. So far we still have power but they are calling for 0.25 to 0.75in (0.64 to 1.9cm) of ice accumulation with a temp of 29F (-6C). That will brng down tree limbs and power lines. 3 years ago the power was out for 8 days in a similiar storm. Everything here in the house is electric. I have a back-up generator which will power most of the house and two fireplaces so we'll have heat and light, a bit like camping out

Thanks Paul, we ended up with about 0.5in(1.3cm) of ice plus another 0.75in(1.9cm) of frozen rain pellets (looks like snow) on top. Fortunately little or no wind so trees and power lines survived. Today it is sunny and 37F(3C) so we're getting melting and tomorrow even warmer 42F(6C) or so. Then Rocky is coming on Monday with another rain snow mix

Actually overcast and drizzled most of the day.. but stopped in the latter part of the day and the temp went up to 28C even though the clouds remained...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back