The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mercy Alder, that's cold in C or F. Hope you're well insulated.

Geo

That is Fahrenheit.

And yes it is frigid. I had trouble getting my planes engine to start this morning. After 6 attempts had to stop and let the line guys warm it up some more, and then come back out and try again later.

Well to sum it up. Cleon delivered .25in(.63cm) of ice, followed by 8in(20.3cm) of snow starting out wet and turning to powder. Dion came through this early AM with another .25in of ice on top of the snow. I kept ONE snow shovel and gave the snow blowers away 'cause "we don't need no stinkin shovels/snow blowers in the south" Temp is 30F(-1C) though no sun today.
So spent the entire day shoveling the driveway just to find an ice covered road out front which climbs up. In 4-wheel drive the Jeep made it up and out though coming back down was a REAL treat. All schools and most businesses are closed and stores received no deliveries so little milk or bread left at any local stores.
Shopping list #1 a snowplow blade and chains for the Arctic Cat no matter what they cost!!!!

Looks like we're in for a heat wave...

Capture.JPG

Geo:reindeer::alien::reindeer::alien::reindeer::alien::reindeer::alien::bigsmurf:

Almost the entire white stuff melted. But the temperature is going down again. OVERCAST at the mement. I can see the Moon and stars.

Last bit of Dion missed us and the skys are clear with lots of sun so the melt is underway with temps +40F(15C). Schools are still closed but most businesses open with trucks getting through. Managed to get out yesterday with the Jeep though roads were icy and badly rutted. Walmart was half empty as they had not had a truck through in 3 days. Arkansas has a State of Emergency Law that prohibits the raising of prices once the emergency is declared. About 1/2 the gas stations were out of fuel as well.

Today, 10 December Snow ending this afternoon then cloudy. Amount 5 cm. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 18 this afternoon. Tonight, 10 December Clearing this evening. Local blowing snow overnight. Wind becoming southwest 30 km/h gusting to 60 this evening then west 50 gusting to 70 before morning. Temperature rising to minus 6 by morning. Wind chill minus 29. :rolleyes:

Last Monday's blizzard blew the snow north to south. Yesterday the winds blew those drifts south to north.

Today, 11 December A mix of sun and cloud. Wind west 60 km/h gusting to 80 diminishing to 40 gusting to 60 this afternoon. High minus 1.Tonight, 11 December Partly cloudy. Clearing near midnight. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature rising to plus 1 by morning.

The snow drifts are now orientated west to east.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back