The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok here we are

Attachments

• Picture 009s.jpg
    Picture 009s.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 109
Yeah. Still puzzles me how I could miss two million square feet of bomber looming over my head!!
I'll be back in a short while with a suitable pic - got to nip out.

Convinced its a 'cold war' jet!....no,hang on mo'....now looks lke a chopper to me (only quite why the guy in the front would want a cooling fan on the inside of the screen when theres a bladdy great big one above him !!!

shot in the dark....Mi24 Hind ?

Told you it wouldn't take long! It is indeed the fearsome 'Hind', this somewhat worn example once again at Duxford.
And now for another brain-boiler from Gary !

Attachments

• Czech 156.jpg
    Czech 156.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 120
First thoughts where a Swift...followed by a Gnat, then I couldn;t figure out why the instrument panel didnt have a glare shield. Good one Terry.

Me ?....provide a brain boiler ?...errrrr, crickey, thats a challenge then....

Ok, with my devious head on.....heres a different one. and yup, I know...allways with a picture of a very small part !....makes it harder dontchya know :twisted:

Attachments

• what1.jpg
    what1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
What the.....!!??
Twelve individual exhaust stacks? Could it be a 24 cylinder engine, or just twin ports per cylinder? Hmm.
A shot in the dark - just a guess it isn't fitted with the full exhaust system here, I'm going for an Allison engine, and a P39 ?

Its not an Allison, or a P39.

Its a post war tail dragger

It's a Griffin motor by RR.(at least that's what I think it is cause I've seen them on the European Tractor Pulling Vids) As to the aircraft I'm stumped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back