The What is it? Game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, very well done Grampa, it is a Me-163

Attachments

• P2166510.JPG
    P2166510.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 62
hrm well ok I'll buy it because C-47 is a part of the DC-3 family whitch is the correct answer so you got it GrauGeist. The history of this plane is that it whas build in the summer 1943 for the US Army. It has combatrecord as being used for the Invasion over Normany. After the war Skandinaviska Aero AB bought it to use spareparts from it, but then 1949 a buissnesman bought it and transported it to my hometown Norrtälje where it used as a restaurant near a park called Café DC-3 "Fritze". It whas later transported to collectionplace in Arlanda Airport because the nordic humidity by time made the airframe to be less dense against rain and the owner lost it's licence for serving it's customer. 2002 a union transported it back to norrtälje and nearly restored it back to flightworthy condition. The nose as you saw on the earlier picture came from florida because the originaly one whas to dammaged from the artich weather and other thing so it whas replaced. It now standing out as a museum in my hometown. you can see it in Google earth 59°44′46.21″N 18°41′19.24″O. First picture shows it as being used as a cafee, second it now standing there as a museum.

Attachments

• Cafe_DC-3_vykort_1.jpg
    Cafe_DC-3_vykort_1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Norrtelje_juli_2010.jpg
    Norrtelje_juli_2010.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 86

Users who are viewing this thread

Back