The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cool history on that DC-3, Grampa! I'm glad it's restored to a more dignified condition.

I remember when I was a kid, there were all sorts of aircraft related structures and oddities around the area. For example, out along the old highway between Orange County and Riverside County, there was a roadside cafe that had an old missile painted bright red with it's nose buried in the ground right next to the building. It was a real attention grabber.

Ok, here's the next challenge. It's from the modern era, Vietnam War onwards. Clues will be forthcoming on request :lol:

IMGP7882-gamepeice[280x280].jpg

Last edited:
Well hell's bells...I am going back to posting tiny little images with a single rivet...yep, norab, you got it!

It's a former U.S. Army AH-1F Cobra (built 1969 - redesignated Bell 209) used by the United States Forest Service to seek out hot spots...it's chin turret has been replaced by a highly sensative FLIR unit along with an array of other sensing equipment used in it's operations...

Well done! :thumbleft:

IMGP7882[720x479].jpg

Last edited:
Away from my main pc right now. Will post a new quiz ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back