The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm glad my quest for the wierdness factor paid off, after the bafflement you buggers have given me

Its really a much more mundane aircraft than you seem to be imagining. Maybe it helps if I say its not facing towards you, but away from you?

Not the C-130 but along the right lines. Think a little smaller, and not American

The crop I ended up with was the only one I tried that wasn't instantly recognisable, it is a really distinctive and well known type. In constant use since 1960, in many different variations, at least one of which is a blatant copy made in another country.

Very warm, but you are still thinking too big.

That's GOT to do it, hope you see the hint in time smokes

You're both right, but smoke was first! It is an An-26 of the Czech air force that visited waddo in 2008

That's a nice plane. I especially like the aircraft silhouettes on the tail.

Anyway, here's another one, it shouldn't be to hard...

Attachments

• Mystery Plane 2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 76
Darn, that was fast...

It is a TMB Avenger, taken at an airshow in Colorado last year.

It's all yours T Bolt!

Attachments

• IMG_2921 small.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
It bl**dy was ! Nice going Glenn. Regarding the Antonov - no wonder I was stumped, I was looking at the blackness of the shadow in the tailgate!! You tricky so and so Waynos mate !

It was early war navy intermediate blue with a black wing walk so there weren't that many possibilities. I just had to figure out which possibility did not have a wing fillet, and than which one of those had a slope to the wing that matched.

Next up:

Attachments

• P2110363.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread