The What is it? Game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks!

Next one....

Engine.jpg

I was flying high until my first try was guessed correctly in like 5 seconds. I deflated like a German Zeppelin on fire!

Hate the idea of you feeling deflated over your recent experience on this thread Robert - so I'd like to shut my challenge down and offer you the baton. Have another go mate! :thumbleft:

Mine was the XA-7...
Token posted this in May last year. I thought the engine shot looked interesting.

XA7.jpg

To be honest I did even know it existed until I was researching the B-17 and B-29. From what I read she would have done very well if she had the correct power plants. She was tested with 4 850HP engines when her minimum design specs called for 4 1000HP engines. But she was also a lot more lively to fly than the B-17, apparently it was a real workout for the flight crew and she was hard to trim. I am sure the trim issues could have been worked out but those control surfaces were huge for direct cable linkages which meant it had to make the stick feel like it was in mud for the crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back