The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a Mars

It had links with Airbus in the past....there...thats given the game away !

Ah ha! The Guppy thingy, which used to fly into Manchester. Or that big French version, name I can't remember.

I'll give you that one Terry, it is indeed the Super Guppy at Bruntingthorpe

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 55
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 64
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 64
Ah, that darkness is quite fast too ! Oops, wrong thread!
I'd wondered where that thing went when it retired. I used to see it about every four weeks, and when it flew past my house, I knew I was in for a delay on the M56. The Airbus wings came from Chester, and were loaded at Manchester, and the 'Abnormal Load' convoy was rather slow, causing tail-backs for bl**dy miles !
Anyway, back soon with something suitable.

It's not a prop jobbie then ?

Howzabout an English Electric 'Frightening' ?

I've got to say Tornado !. No idea why...cant put my finger on why its that A/C.....just summat about the overall shape of the cone.

Yup.... I know ....wrong !

After getting around the outside of a very cheeky bottle of Cypriot white wine, I'm gonna change my mind and say its a Buccaneer !

It is indeed, the Buccaneer S1, the early model with Gyron Junior engines, at Newark. You knew that didn't you?

Attachments

• C Fest 100.jpg
    C Fest 100.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 83
:
You knew that didn't you?

Nope...pure guesswork....said I recognised that cone.

That is a beaut atmospheric shot :thumbleft. You should put a watermark on that one mate, its a corker !

Ok chaps... I'm orf to bed....need the beauty sleep dontchya know !... so I'll leave you with this little teaser...

Attachments

• whatisit.jpg
    whatisit.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back