Then and Now

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Actually the clock (if it is the same clock) moved from one side of the center door to the other. But I understand what you are saying, it has changed very little in 70+ years!

Actually the clock (if it is the same clock) moved from one side of the center door to the other. But I understand what you are saying, it has changed very little in 70+ years!
Notice how the name place board still is the same.

I'm not quite sure I understand you: the clock is on the RH side of the middle door in both photos. The sign with the name is hanging over the middle door then and now - check the stucco corners on both sides of the sign.
The clock is not the same, but in the same place.
There is even a modern time photo of the building with the lantern-hanger over the clock still in place - compare with the old photo:

Last edited:
French. I do like that country. Why change if it works well.

Found this interesting photo based on a funny coincidence: the first cyclist's name is Yvan Marie - I have the same initials!
Tour de France 1936 Alouettes des Herbiers:

Mont-des-Alouettes aux Herbiers today:

In fact there is another mill and a chapel across the street, making the area even more picturesque!

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread