This Is Beyond Stupid

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can't we just shoot him?
Bullets are expensive and too quick.

One of my favorite quotes of Alan Rickman:
Sheriff of Nottingham (to Robin Hood):
"I'll cut your heart out with a spoon!"
Guy of Gisborne:
"Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?"
Sheriff of Nottingham:
"Because it's dull, you twit. It'll hurt more."

This jerk almost certainly claimed insurance after this stunt so if you want action and are an aircraft owner or own other aviation assets
- send that link to your insurer and
- demand they notify all other insurers and
- demand that this jerk is prosecuted to the max for insurance fraud.

Insurance companies are far far more viscous than the FAA are.

This is the "get out of jail free " card from NASA. It's actually a refrigerator magnet. We have them on the railroads too. I had to fill one out once because the preceding tower miss timed a train to me. I sent it to the appropriate branch for the train it was supposed to be.
5E385DCD-417A-4602-AB68-B55E68E57098.jpeg

I had to be quite meticulous answering the form. Weather conditions, time, physical state, why did I do what did and in what sequence. I'm grateful I had nothing to cover up.
Can that guy make the same claim?

Admitting that you got lost and violated controlled airspace without being in contact with the proper ATC facility is one thing (who has not done that?) But admitting that you planned and executed a crime is quite another.

That's like Mohammed Atta filling out a NASA form.

This has been openly questioned on Youtube, with some pilots doing an analysis and concluding there were some shenanigans in separate videos.

Maybe this idiot will get his comeuppance in due time. What a waste of a good Luscombe! At minimum, he should have to pay for having the wreckage removed from wherever it is located and be precluded from flying as PIC again after showing such poor judgement to such a wide audience. The judgement shown in the video SHOULD preclude the aviation community from ever trusting another airplane to his judgement again.

This has been openly questioned on Youtube, with some pilots doing an analysis and concluding there were some shenanigans in separate videos.

Maybe this idiot will get his comeuppance in due time. What a waste of a good Luscombe! At minimum, he should have to pay for having the wreckage removed from wherever it is located and be precluded from flying as PIC again after showing such poor judgement to such a wide audience. The judgement shown in the video SHOULD preclude the aviation community from ever trusting another airplane to his judgement again.
I totally agree. I watched the video in Mlflyers post above and the guy brings up A LOT of good questions. I hope someone sends it to the FAA inspector...

I totally agree. I watched the video in Mlflyers post above and the guy brings up A LOT of good questions. I hope someone sends it to the FAA inspector...
The Taking-Off channel has a large following with the aviation community.
Chances are very good that either someone with the FAA or a friend of someone in the FAA will, or has, seen that episode.

The guy doesn't have any friends who could have flown the plane to a safe landing? Oh, right - for that, he would need to have at least one friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back