This is scary...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nah mate , no snakes in NZ. Few spiders but none deadly , nothing compared to Oz . Dunno about scorpions? never seen any?

Great... I guess I'll put NZ on my "to see before I die" list... Somewhere between Scotland and Poland, perhaps.

But as I said, my only big fear is spiders. Scorpions are easy to handle and snakes are so big that you gotta see them before they bite.

So if they're not deadly, it's definately a "good to go" place. :D

**EDIT** Speaking of snakes... I caught one a few weeks back in a building I was working in. I played with it for a good 5 minutes before taking it out. To bad there was not any girl around... Would have loved to play a trick on them.

It was actually that specy that I found : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diadophis_punctatus_edwardsii

Last edited:
and snakes are so big that you gotta see them before they bite.

Negative. The majority of snake bites happen before you see the snake. The victim steps on them or gets too close to them without even seeing them.

Trust me, I used to live in Rattlesnake country. I grew up with them and used to catch them. I am a big snake fan and even have own quite a few as pets (only have one now at the moment).

my wife is still convinced you mailed me an 8 legged beast Wayne :rolleyes::lol:

Couldn't resist Karl.....................
black-spider-walking.gif

confused0068.gif

The only really scary snake for are the big King Browns here in Australia. Can grow to nearly 6 feet long and get territorial at times. In the hot sun on the sandunes they can move very quickly.

So many have been killed that they are on the endangered list now. They were more common when I was a kid growing up on the station, but I havent seen one for probably 10 years now

Negative. The majority of snake bites happen before you see the snake. The victim steps on them or gets too close to them without even seeing them.

Trust me, I used to live in Rattlesnake country. I grew up with them and used to catch them. I am a big snake fan and even have own quite a few as pets (only have one now at the moment).

Oh, I'll trust you on that... I remember reading a post stating you owned a snake a few months ago.

Plus, none of the snakes living in Canada are dangerous to humans, so we never hear of snake bites around here.

Last edited:
The only dangerous snake in Europe is the Common Viper. They are very shy and usually won't attack you. However, I had a friend who stepped on a Viper's nest, and was bitten by several young ones. His leg looked like a balloon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back