This just happened

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Just had this pop up, am on silk browser on my Kindle.
Forum has been a bit slow for me yesterday and this morning, i normally get a thin black line travelling across the top of the page as the page loads but that dissapeared and it looks like nothing is going on.
Then after a minute or so the new page suddenly appears !
DSC_0006.jpg

Downloading speed is slow for my PC too but I can't tell exact cause as my local wi-fi service is terrible like the dial-up 20 years ago.

Just got a couple 525 errors just now...

No cached version of this page is available.

Error 525 Ray ID: 27fc4abbf2410651 • 2016-03-07 07:21:51 UTC
SSL handshake failed

Or just click the "Retry for a live version" button.

When I get this I just hit the reload button and it almost always reloads normally and I doubt it is related to browser update as mine updates automatically.
I thought it was possibly from a slow or crap internet connection as my NBN connection speed varies massively and it has only started since I went on the NBN

IMHO, the main problem is with old site forms , cookies etc ... although the net browsers are updated. To be honest you don't know what was updated because of the automatic process and the old soft can be still keeping there. And therefore all starts working properly if you re-loaded the site. Just your net browser updates current cookies, site forms etc... in other ways if the server keeps new site forms etc.. and your net browser isn't updated it may display the site incorrectly.

However it might be the problem either with 32/64 bit soft or the net connection speed as you suggested.

Last edited:
Thanks Wurger. Seems to have sorted itself out...for the moment.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back