This May Be It

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Will do. My two LHS, such as they are, are dwindling as well. Too be honest though, one is more RC oriented and I gave up on them for Vallejo a long time ago, and the other is more a toy/comic book store though the do have models ($$$$$$$$) and paint: Humbrol, Citadel and Tamiya. I bought two bottles of Tamiya a few weeks ago and he mentioned the COVID/resupply problem. Somewhere I have a link for a Japanese source for Gunze Sangyo/Mr Hobby and with out dollar at .77¢US, it was cheaper by far, including shipping than the $4 I paid for a bottle of Tamiya in PG. If you want to buy $60 or more, hit up Sunward Hobbies. For you the shipping would be free but for me, living where I do, no free shipping

A couple of years ago I bought "en gros" all Gunze paints from a local hobby store (mostly for RC-modelling), because nobody wanted them. Price was CAD 2.65 or 2.55/pc. I see these are the new aqueous paints for 2.95! Great deal IMHO.

Just made an account there as they wouldn't answer my email and I can probably see why. I put 4 bottle of paint into a cart and hit shipping. The paint is 2.95 a bottle, an awesome price as I pay $4+ for paint in PG. So....4 bottles with tax, $12.40ish.....shipping is a flat rate of $15.00 so over $6 a bottle. If I spend more than $150 it knocks the shipping down to $10 and if I spend $300 the shipping is free. In my email I informed them about my Japanese source and cheaper shipping so that's pore than likely why they never replied

Geo, check Hobby Lobby for Tamiya stock - I noticed they had it last time I was there.

Both Michael's and Hobby Lobby carry model paints in store and a larger selection online.

Additionally, they both carry Testor's and I think HL carries Vallejo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back