This video contains graphic and disturbing footage.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah, the sights and sounds of Duxford! Great stuff!
I recently received a 'Power Point' presentation on his collection, and business, showing all the aircraft, and the race cars, set in a purpose-built facility in the Alps - stunning!

I agree that any warbird might not look right in a commercial colour scheme. But I also think I'd rather see one active, and flying, rather than sitting collection dust.
I'll see if I can work out how to get that presentation organised and posted.

I agree with Terry..... better to see one in one piece and flying, than not have it around at all! And..... have a pilot who can protect the plane by not cutting the grass with the tips of the prop!!!!!!!!! And hopefully he knows what density altitude is!

I've seen her twice at Duxford, and I have to say, I reckon if ever there was a plane that looks good just polished....its her, she looks the dog's b*ll*x !. The only thing that ruins the vid, is that pillock commentator. We have to suffer his blatherings each year....he's very knowledgable...aparrently a C47 is a C46, the French won the Battle of Britain etc etc. He should be banned.

I hate bl**dy commentary at airshows! I wish they'd just announce the 'act', with a few pertinent details thrown in at the start and finish, and refer enquiries to the air show programme! Then we can hear the aircraft, as well as see them, and not have to suffer the umpteen errors and noise!
Been trying to up-load that 'Powerpoint' presentation, but it's not having it - it's a 'zip' file, at over 10 MB, if that makes a difference?

Terry, et al, I do agree that the plane is better in the air than sitting dead on the ground but you'd think people would have more respect for the history represented than to plaster their company logo all over it, but then I'm sure they are getting a huge Federal tax break by chalking the plane up to "advertising"

I agree there too, Mike. It would be nice if it had some authentic markings, with the company/product name as 'nose art'. But then, when Spencer Flack was taken to task about the colour scheme of his red Spitfire, G-Fire (now in the USA in camouflage), by a member of the public at an air show, his reply was "Oh, and what colou is your Spitfire"!
Bottom line is, it's in polished metal, rather than some gaudy 'racing' scheme, and it's flying, so at least that's something.

but you'd think people would have more respect for the history represented than to plaster their company logo all over it, but then I'm sure they are getting a huge Federal tax break by chalking the plane up to "advertising"

Makes me wish I had around $5,000,000.00 to buy her and give her a proper paint job.

"Makes me wish I had around $5,000,000.00 to buy her and give her a proper paint job"

Too righty !. Painted bright red with 'YIPPEE' in large white letters underneath !! :)

But Daddy....I want a P-38

(Violet from Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory)

Agree with Terry. I absolutely hate how Red Bull (paints?) their planes, but at least you have a major company that is restoring and maintaining the planes we love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back