Throw Back Thursday warbird Parade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There aren't many left in airworthy condition Jeff. There used to be one collecting dust in a hangar at my local Aero Club, back in the 1980's, which was eventually restored to flying condition, but not seen again.
As far as I know, they were all French built, being a re-engined, nose gear development, by NORD, of the Messerschmitt 108, the latter being produced by NORD from around 1942, if my memory is correct. Again, from memory, only around 200 of the NORD 1101 Noralpha were produced.

Huh, learned something new. I did see the similarities with the 108 but the tail was different and, obviously, the nose wheel said it wasn't a 108 Thanks guys.

Here's one in flight, which gives a better impression of the similarities with the '108. Sorry about the poor quality - it's a scan from a 35mm transparency. I'd thought this was the one mentioned above, collecting dust in the hangar, but looking at the date I took the original pic, it's obviously a different example, visiting my local Aero Club.

2011-04-12_2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back