Thunderbolt "Eileen" 1/48 from Academy!

I found this to be a very nice kit.went together well,i also liked the color sheme and markings.Instead of the kits decals that sucked i used the sheet from Microscale, has TrueDetail tires from Squadron shop, Painted in Model Masters enamels.most of the model is out of the box except for Hypodermic needle guns.The checker nose was masked and hand painted not a decal.8)
 

Attachments

  • eileen p-47o1.JPG
    eileen p-47o1.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Eileen p-47 02.JPG
    Eileen p-47 02.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 310
  • eileen p-47 03.JPG
    eileen p-47 03.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 308
  • eileen p-47 04.JPG
    eileen p-47 04.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 320
  • eileen p-47 05.JPG
    eileen p-47 05.JPG
    333.1 KB · Views: 325
Real real nice...
 
I had this kit in 72nd scale, not surprised to hear about the decals.

Very nicely done.


Eighth
 
Magnnificent!


Awesome job :)
 
Very Nice!
 
she's a beaut' 'thunderthud', i would have never had thought about using h/needles 8) come to think of it how the heck do you get hold of things like those needles :shock: , hope you don't go around looking in gutters !!

...ian:D
 
:lol: Heck no Ian, My wife's a Nurse at a Hospital so I can get any Guage Hypo I might need!8) I dont think they will miss one or Two once in a while!
 
ThunderThud said:
I really enjoyed building it ,but the cowl got me buggin as i measured and cut all the little squares to mask the white to spray the black.luckily it came out good.!
Luck had nothing to do with it. You took the time to do it right.


Eighth
 
Hot, plane.

DBII
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back