To our commonwealth cousins

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

oldcrowcv63

Tech Sergeant
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast North Carolina
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Just remember, you may have Charles Dickens and his Christmas Carol but we have Jean Shepherd and Christmas Story. We also have the Muppets.. and Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation... eat your hearts out. :twisted:

Of course, best of both worlds we have the Muppets Christmas Carol... Let this be the cautionary tale of the unintended fruits of colonization. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And the same wish to our extended family, all of us denizens of our self-committed asylum I wish you a happy New Year and hope you had a merry christmas! or a happy holiday in whatever manner you choose to celebrate the occasion of the post-winter solstice. Be it Festivus or any other denominational observance of belief system celebration....

Happy new year to you too Mal!

No Dickens' our way, we prefer Barry Crump :)

Thanks guys. Celebrating xmas today instead of the 25th.. The pleasure has been mutual I assure you.

I DID FORGET Wonderful Life! How was that possible? Epic fail! (Now I know what kids mean when they use that phrase)

A4K, I'll check Barry Crump on you tube.

Hmmm....Mr Crump. The name certainly has a Dickensian feel to it. Of course it's too tempting not to trot out the old joke to the question "Do you like Dickens?", the response being "Don't know, never been to one." (If you don't get it, try reading out loud. If you still don't get it then you probably don't understand British schoolboy humour).

Don't think you'll find him there Mal, but his books are probably on the net!

Just searched on You tube, Turns out, Crump is all over You Tube including the NZ news announcement of his passing. I am sure it is filtered Crump but he appears to be quite a character. A NZ version of Croc Dundee (forgive if this is an offensive reference and/or affiliation in some unknown way)...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyHBKX29_Q8

Of course in the USA he'd have a difficult time supplanting Bret and Jemaine. Especially their Lord of the Rings episode:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0lHNCiiXGo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back