To those new here as well as the vets! Thank you! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robert Porter

Senior Master Sergeant
Just wanted to take a moment and say a few things. Those of you that like me, are new to this forum or to the hobby. Welcome, you have found one of the best homes on the net for careful considered help, advice, and information. My experience to date has been way above my expectations and hopes. People here tend to be quick to help, very slow to judge, and overall enthusiastic about both their hobby and passing on help to anyone that asks.

That last bit is important. ASK! You cannot get help or advice unless you ask. Unlike a lot of places on the net these folks do not talk "down" to anyone. They take to heart the old adage that there is no dumb question except the one you do not ask. So avail yourself, ask!

There is also a fair amount of tongue in cheek humor and teasing that occurs, but it has never in my experience been mean spirited in the slightest.

Do yourself a favor, visit often, participate, you will benefit from the experience.

Now to those old hands here. Thank You! I have felt very welcome in my visits, even when I have said things that were wrong or misinformed. Instead of attacking me you attacked what I said and offered links and pointers to information that has been very helpful.

But I especially want to thank all of you that have taken the time to offer detailed and thoughtful responses to my questions and queries. It truly has been both helpful and sincerely appreciated! I only hope I can grow to the point that I can help others in the same way I have been helped.

Robert Porter

Glad you're enjoying the sometimes disfunctional (yes, we have a 'Jan'!) family here Robert, and we tend to be friendly and helpful, and definitely without that "Look how clever I am" or the "There aren't enough rivets in the final 2 mm of fuselage" nonsense sometimes experienced elsewhere on 'the net'.
And now that you're settling in - it's your round, get the beers in !!!

Glad you're enjoying the sometimes disfunctional (yes, we have a 'Jan'!) family here Robert, and we tend to be friendly and helpful, and definitely without that "Look how clever I am" or the "There aren't enough rivets in the final 2 mm of fuselage" nonsense sometimes experienced elsewhere on 'the net'.
And now that you're settling in - it's your round, get the beers in !!!

I'm still getting the blame, for letting you in all those years ago....while taking the rubbish out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back