Top 10 car chase movies, which are they?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The trilogy about "Jason Borne" had some good ones. The "Dirty Harry" series, too. But I think Bullit takes the cake.

Charles

Got to agree about the original "Italian Job" - great driving, no camera tricks, and pretty f****** hairy! And in basic Minis !!

Got to agree with that. Classic Mini Cooper S - loads more fun to drive than the new one, and more agile. I pretty much love any movie with a decent car chase in it!

I agree that Bullitt is and will always be No1 - no fancy tricks, just two awesome muscle cars driven with skill through the streets of San Francisco.

Other ones I suggest are (in no particular order):

Italian Job (original)
Terminator 2 (the tanker truck chase at the end)
Smokey and the Bandit 1 2
Duel (just one big chase start to end)
Death Race (not really a chase, but still love it)
Gone In 60 Seconds (the one with Nicholas Cage - I haven't seen the original)
Starsky and Hutch (both the original series and the modern movie)
Dukes of Hazzard (original series was full of car chases)
CHiPs (as above)

Oh and P.S. My birthday is today - I had to amend my profile cos I put down the wrong date :oops:

Last edited:
Got to agree with that. Classic Mini Cooper S - loads more fun to drive than the new one, and more agile. I pretty much love any movie with a decent car chase in it!

I agree that Bullitt is and will always be No1 - no fancy tricks, just two awesome muscle cars driven with skill through the streets of San Francisco.

Other ones I suggest are (in no particular order):

Italian Job (original)
Terminator 2 (the tanker truck chase at the end)
Smokey and the Bandit 1 2
Duel (just one big chase start to end)
Death Race (not really a chase, but still love it)
Gone In 60 Seconds (the one with Nicholas Cage - I haven't seen the original)
Starsky and Hutch (both the original series and the modern movie)
Dukes of Hazzard (original series was full of car chases)
CHiPs (as above)

Oh and P.S. My birthday is today - I had to amend my profile cos I put down the wrong date :oops:

Happy Birthday !

Cheers
John

Cheers for the birthday wishes!

Indiana Jones did have some good chases - the one with the DUKW and the mid-chase sword fight from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was pretty cool. Oh, and the motorcycle one you mentioned (from The Last Crusade I think) was another good 'un.

Happy Birthday Tango!!!!

and get the original "Gone in 60 Seconds". Thefirst half of the movie is cheesy 70's B-movie stuff but the last hour is pure Gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back