Top 10 car chase movies, which are they?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The origional Gone in 60 Seconds, Crazy Larry and Dirty Mary, I might have the adjectives switched in that 2nd one.

Comedy car chases, It's a Mad Mad Mad World, Freebie and the Bean, and The Blues Brothers

Ronin. The wrong way on an elevated highway in Marseilles. :)

[Directed by John Frankenheimer - previous work: Grand Prix and The Train]

MM

Last edited:
There's some car action in Rebel Without a Cause. Then there's Speilberg's 'Duel' about a rampaging truck river. Others include Gumball Rally, then Cannonball Run, Smokey and the Bandit, Ronin and there's a bet to get back in time in Vanishing Point. (And the youngest would insist Noddy is in the listing somewhere...he's never out of that blessed car).

My first thought was the original "Gone in 60 Seconds"....first third of the movie was just pure blah, then when he hops into Elenore and spends the next frikkin hour or more tearing through...what...five different counties and like a dozen cities in southern California, and totally trashed upwards of a hundred police cars? Pure poetry!!! And how he gets out of it at the end was sheer genius, the remake (although it had a REALLY nice car) just couldn't come close. "Bullitt" was also awesome, and I really need to watch French Connection again...its gone foggy in the braincell. "Duel" was just awesome...there are something like five sentences spoken in the entire movie, IIRC. Gotta love it!

Got to agree about the original "Italian Job" - great driving, no camera tricks, and pretty f****** hairy! And in basic Minis !!

My ten are.....

"Bullitt"
"The French Connection"
"The Seven-Ups"
"Ronin"
"Gone in 60 Seconds" (original)
"Vanishing Point"
"The Blues Brothers"
"The Italian Job" (original)
"Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"
"Duel"

I don't recall a car chase in "Heat" off the top of my head, but there was an epic running gun-battle in the streets after the bank robbery. That seemed to drag on forever.

"Heat" had foot chase from the Bank. They started in a car but only got a block awy. I just got the movie on DVD.

I remember an awesome chase but I think I have the title wrong.....

"To LIve and Die in LA"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back