Total Flight Time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eddie_brunette

Senior Airman
Oct 17, 2007
Nelspruit, Mpumalanga
Does any of you simpilots have any idea how many "flight hours" you have on this sim.

My first flight took place in 2002. I average at least 2-3 hours a day flying so roughly it is over 7000 hours!!!
Impossible :oops:
and my wife still loves me :lol:
and no kids yet :p

I'm sure there are sim pilots out here that must have done 10 000hours!!!

Now imagine you were spending the same time in a bar everyday:p:p:p:p

edd

Il-2 is the nemesis of wives and girlfriends world wide. I agree; it does beat being at the beerjoint every night.

My flight hours for Il-2 should be in the area of 2,000 to 3,000 hours. Would it be too wierd if I started keeping track of those hours starting today?

Il-2 is the nemesis of wives and girlfriends world wide. I agree; it does beat being at the beerjoint every night.

My flight hours for Il-2 should be in the area of 2,000 to 3,000 hours. Would it be too wierd if I started keeping track of those hours starting today?

Was actually thinking the same last night. Start tracking from today on. Anyway, I thought my calculations might be wrong(7000hours), but when my wife calculated it(she is a bookkeeper:oops: ) she actually got well over 7000hours. The look on her face.....PRICELESS :p:p:p

Wouldnt it be lovely if there is little mod/programme for tracking flight times. flew only 2 missions last night and :firestarter: another 4 hours gone.

I'll search...maybe there is something out there

edd

well with a roughly guess i would say arround 5000 hours

I also posted this over on AAA:

I just had a look at the eventlog.lst

Code:
[20:06:58] Cpt_Sisko:SpitfireMkIX25lbs(0) seat occupied by Cpt_Sisko at 22727.262 4406.25

[snip]

[20:08:40] Mission END

As one can see, it shouldn't be too difficult to filter out only the lines with "your name" and "seat", together with "Mission END" That should give you the AC you were using and the time.

The eventlog=eventlog.lst and eventlogkeep=1 should be in the conf.ini for this to work. There are also many other variables, so it's not as simple as just the above example.

Maybe there's a way to convert the eventlog.lst to a spreadsheet(*) or database programme?

(* replacing all the spaces with TABs, saving it as TXT and opening the txt in a spreadsheet programme, like [ur=http://www.openoffice.org/l]OpenOffice[/url]'s Calc and go wild with filtering)

There used to be a group called the "Widows of Airwarrior" made up of the wives and girlfriends of the Air Warrior guys, so they could get together and BS and stuff while the guys were off killin' :lol:

Hmmm...how many hours do I have in?

I got started in the early 90's with Air Warrior Aces of the Pacific, moved on to Jane's WWII Fighters CFS2, then CFS3 and IL-2. I did try European Airwar when it came out, but preferred Jane's WW2F.

So I've flown for about 17 years all told...I don't even want to know what that would break down to, hour-wise...

Hmmm I started simming in earnest in 2001... @ 9 days after 9/11.. Before that I was a guy who liked flying games so I don't really count that time... I came to IL2 1n 2002... but at one point I was getting in 3 or 4 hours a day.. up until recently I got in at least an hour a day.. even if t was offline.. but I have been working so hard on the job that I dont have the same time.... but I'd have to say between 5K 6K give or take a few hundred..

I started back on Microsofts Flight Simulator around 95 or so. From there it was on to Aces of the Pacific, to Aces over Europe, Pacific Air War, Air Warrior, Red Barron, Some games I cant even name. From there it was MFS 2002, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 1,2, and 3. Falcon 4.0 and Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. Flight Simulator 2004. Aces High II (which is my main game now). DCS: Black Shark. IL2: 1946. All in all, probably over 30,000 flight hours in sims, as I was playing 10 or more hours a day back when I was single. Even pulled a Full 48 hour weekend of nothing but flight time (which was pretty hard on me, but I did it). Now with a wify and kid, I get around 2-3 hours a day now.

Wow BP...I didn't think there were too many AoP pilots out there anymore!

Looks like we're part of the old crowd! :lol:

I still have my original boxed AoP, complete with the bundled WWII: 1946 expansion disc and Patch disc...and when I say disc, I'm talking about 3.5" floppies!

lol, yeah, i dont have the original box anymore:(, but i still got the disk and instruction manuals. Even as simple as that game was, I think it is a classic. I spent no telling how many hours playing that game, lol. The same goes with Aces over Europe.

I played Aces over the Pacific and Aces over Europe.
They came with Red Baron and A10 something or other.
I'll have to look it up, I still have the box set around somewhere.
confused0033.gif

Wheelsup

Played AotP mostly, myself. AoE didn't do too well on my system back then. Chuck Yeager Air Combat was great though, it gave you a sence of altitude, the view was slightly fish-eyed and you learned to read the envelope graph. I skipped every sim between those and IL2. There was another game back then, a little later, which gave you a bit more control over the pacific campaign. It gave you a big map to move your ships across... 1942 Pacific? Something like that?

I played Pacific Air War as well, also Strike Fighters, B-17 II, every iteration of the IL-2 franchise, and way, way back in the mists of time, Overlord, Strike Eagle III and Knights of the Sky. So I reckon I've got a fair few hours in - and must have been simming since before my teens :oops: If you count space flight sims too, I get to add X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and Wing Commander III/IV, and I have hundreds, if not thousands of hours on MS FS9 too... and I still can't shoot straight or land in one piece! :lol::lol::lol:

I forgot my to include Eurofighter Typhoon/EF2000, or whatever DiD finally called it. That was a brilliant sim for it's time, and the campaign engine would put some modern-day sims to shame. I also flew Falcon 4.0 a bit when it was quite new, but as a kid found it much too complicated. I bought Allied Force a while back but am still too scared of it to have a good go :lol: I was the sam with Fleet Defender, at the time I was too young to grasp it properly and that kinda put me off jet sims for life. Janes USNF was fun though... 8)

There are no telling how many 12+ hour flights I have in FS9. I got more than 10 real time campaigns under my belt in Allied Force. I love that game. It does take time to get used too, but once you get a grasp of the controls, its a straight up blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back