Tracing Luftwaffe decorations/awards/service records.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
This might seem a strange one, but there's a friend of mine, English, who's Mother was in the Luftwaffe during WW2. She was originally from Austria, and eventually managed to 'escape' to Britain, I presume after the war, and married my friend's father. Both his mother and father are now deceased.
He has asked if I can get some pointers as to where he would begin to look to learn more about his mother's Luftwaffe service, and about any awards/decorations she might have received.
He's a bit of a 'close lipped' person, not giving much away, but, if needed, I think I could get more info from him. If there's anyone who can provide guidance as to a start point for his research; where to look, whom to contact and so on, I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks in anticipation.
Terry.

and me too. WaST is where the member wants to go if he had a relative serve in the Luftwaffe. he will have to fill out some information. Believe the Berlin based site is on the web and you can afill out all the info via the internet.
Roman posted the link to Luftarchiv and the guys should have the addy as well as to several other possibilities

Thanks very much indeed, Roman and Erich. I'll pass this on, and let you know if he gets antwhere. Thanks again.
Terry.

much has changed Terry with correspondance with WaST. Again remember this much of the staff is volunteer, and also include as much personal information as known on the individual. I remember waiting up to 10 months before a reply was given then had to re-write again with more specifics and then wait, at least WaST and several of the other Veterans organizations in Germany have come into the new tech age

again the best of success ! :D

E ~

I would like to research the records (if they exist) of a particular Luftwaffe pilot who flew in WWII for a biography. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Guess I should have been more specific. This pilot flew Me-109's and as of today is still alive--although not for much longer. He may have flown against my stepfather in several engagements. I met this man in Hamburg. He is the stepfather of a woman I was seeing there. After the war he lived in the eastern sector. I truly liked this guy--an old world gentleman who was probably a spy after the war and found it ironic that he was her stepfather and may have traded bullets with mine over England. I want to write his story and merge it with my stepfather's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back