Triumph's Builds: Part 2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

triumph

Airman
Dec 20, 2009
S.E. London U.K.
Airfix PBY-5A Catalina
I went down memory lane and thought I would build the Airfix Catalina again (last one I built, was back in 67. I was 14). I don't know why but I assumed that the kit might have been improved in the 40 odd years that have passed. Oh dear WRONG. :eek: It's showing its age. No detail on Cockpit or blisters to help with framing and the cockpit glass did not fit fuselage anyway. Moulded parts not aligning very well. But now it's done I'm smiling :) as although it has many faults regards the detailing it does look like a Catalina.
DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0014-2.jpg

DSCF0011-2.jpg

DSCF0022-2.jpg

DSCF0029-3.jpg

DSCF0026-2.jpg

DSCF0027-3.jpg

Another great job on a kit from an old, worn mould! And it is Duxford! BTW, hello and welcome - we appear to be form the same modelling era - the Old Farts Model Club!!

bloody smashing cat'. I really really like how you have done the back ground.

Do you use a grass board and i enlarged photo set on a board to give you this effect, it looks really nice
and to tell you the truth i'm jealusssss

Nice model Catalina, but the photography is particularly excellant; not just the use of background but the correct scaling and particularly the lighting. I also thought I was looking at a photo of the real thing at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back