Trying to remeber a Russian fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
The only hints I can bring to mind for anyone trying to help me is that the fighter was originally a trainer/liason aircraft. Also, I'm pretty sure it was of the Yak series. I'm asking these questions because I always liked this fighter, but recently my memory about anything has been horrible. Any help people?

PS: Waddaya think of my new avatar?

Maybe, Yak-7 called also Yak-7UTI that became Yak-7A then Yak-7B.As a result the Yak-7W (wywoznoj) appeared and was used as a training a/c and a recco plane.I think the Yak-7W is the fighter you mean.

PS. Your new avatar is interesting but a bit "dark" for me. :)

Yak-7W from 15RAP of Baltic fleet flown by Cpt.Mierkulov
source unknown :

Attachments

• jak7_double_cockpit.jpg
    jak7_double_cockpit.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 135
The only hints I can bring to mind for anyone trying to help me is that the fighter was originally a trainer/liason aircraft. Also, I'm pretty sure it was of the Yak series. I'm asking these questions because I always liked this fighter, but recently my memory about anything has been horrible. Any help people?

PS: Waddaya think of my new avatar?
i'd bet for Yak-7 too.
UTI-26-2 trainer for I-26.
I - Istreb'itel (lit. destroyer, fig. fighter)
UT - Uch'ebno - Trenir'ovochnyi (learning - training)

I-26 later become Yak-1.
UTI-26-2 got serial index Yak-7UTI with M-105PA and it was more perfect than UTI-26-2 proto.
then Yakovlev suggested to convert it to fighter Yak-7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back