Twilight Zone

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After they discontinued The Twilight Zone, Rod Serling came out with a show called "The Night Gallery"...

I remember watching them when I was a kid, and some of those episodes scared the crap out of me.

Indeed! My fav episode was called "The Painting" IIRC.

The two I remember best were

the one with William Shatner as a 'nervous flyer' convinced there was something out on the wing of the aircraft. There was of course but the aircrew thought he was just a bit squirrelly about flying. When they landed, one of the engines was a bit of a mess with claw and teeth marks and pieces of metal ripped away.

The other one is more vague, some cold-hearted tax-collector (I think) visited someone who owned a camera obscura up at the top of an old building, he looked through it and saw a recreation of the town in about the Middle Ages. Anyway, he delivered his ultimatum and left. When he got outside he found himself in the Middle Age town being surrounded by some rather unpleasant-looking characters. The guy upstairs just watched the whole thing through his camera obscura.

There was one where a little boy could physically change anything he wanted. This generally followed the form of what a little boy would change if he had the power to and one of the things he did was to completely remove the mouth from his sister's face. I distinctly remember wishing I could do that...

Last edited:
There was one where a little boy could physically change anything he wanted. This generally followed the form of what a little boy would change if he had the power to and one of the things he did was to completely remove the mouth from his sister's face. I distinctly remember wishing I could do that...

:lol: There were many times I wished the same....

Were these in the TZ series, or in the NightGallery series?

Yeah...the kid with the three-headed gopher and the bad cornfield. Psychotic little punk! Although he was an only-child, no sister. This kid took his whole town and made it disappear, or moved it off into another dimension or something. At least in the TV series he did. I haven't seen the movie yet.

I've watched a couple of the NightGallery episodes, and so far "Lone Survivor" is probably my fav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back