Underside light blue color of the Spitfire MkII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FYI you all be happy to know that the antenna mast has been corrected. Yes, I forgot to straighten it before the pics. It was 101 degrees outside when I took those shots so I didn't stay too long outdoors to take the pics.

Yes, I agree, I have no idea why I blow through these so fast. The build I am working on now, I am taking it slower and will be using putty. I also will be watching how heavy I paint.

I will say that I am pleased with how the camo went on. After I got done painting it, I held my breath hoping that everything looked okay when I removed the masking.

The pictures also suggest that you may not be getting enough glue in the seams. If you had puttied and sanded these, it's possible that the pressure of sanding would have moved the joint and cracked the putty.

I find using a thin liquid cement that melts the plastic is best for seams. Do a couple of inches of seam at a time. Hold the parts together, brush on the cement, wait 10 seconds then squeeze the joints together with more pressure until plastic oozed from it. That makes for a good strong bond and, if the parts align well, no need for putty.

It is quite difficult to say which one is the best. Also many of us use these that are available in LHSs or just a country. I use five glues including my own mixture and cyanoacrylate one Superglue. Depending on what kind of joint or material has to be stuck it might be Gunze Lemon Glue/ Mr.Cement Lemon one, Revell cement, Chematic glue etc... So the choice it's up to you.

That's the one I have and I like it. There's a video online somewhere that shows how to use it. The key is to do short lengths at a time ~ 2" increments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back