Underside light blue color of the Spitfire MkII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Because I am too far along. Crimea River, are those red decals on the edge of the wing? I tried applying the red decals there with no luck, so I painted them on.

The color of my planes underside resembles Humbrol 23 Duck egg blue.

Honestly, I am a beginner. All the 1:48 scale models I plan on replacing with Tamiya kits, once I get better and gain more experience. I'll post a image of the plane tomorrow.

Last edited:
Being a beginner isn't a shame. Looking forward to these images.

Here ya go.

SpitMark272.jpg

As I said, the picture is too small and it is quite difficult to say something more about the colour.

To compare with others...

l.jpg

f_yxtlaxulm_6ba3ada.jpg

However , please have a look at the link in the post #4. You might have noticed that not always paints of different manufacturers called with the same name have the same tonality.

My congrats on the model. :thumbright: A very good job. Of course you have made a few mistakes as a beginner. But the final effect is really nice. Judging by these pictures you have to make a focus on finishing all surfaces before painting. All seams have to be sanded a little bit and polished. All gaps have to be filled and like seams sanded and polished. Also you have to pay more attention to areas where parts were attached to sprue frames.
The painting looks very nice. I must say that as a newbie you did a great work on that. You have to pay more attention to masking only.The entire rest especially these colours are fine. The one used on undersides looks very good and there is no need to correct anything. You might think about some weathering for exhaust pipes. The only note .... the Sky quick ID band on the fuselage was of 18 inches in the width. A such thin one was something unusual rather. Although the one for the P8088 seems to be a little narrow than the standard band but it wasn't so thin. Therefore having a look at pictures of real plane can help with such details. That's my three cents and tips for future. Keep the good work up.

Here two shots of the Spitfire.

P8088_Spitfire1941.jpg

P%208088.jpg

With the guys...great job mate!

The only 'flaws' that I see are the unputtied seams, the bent antenna mast and the distance between the undercarriage doors and legs (should be flush with each other). Apart from that, damn fine job I reckon!

[SC] Arachnicus;912852 said:
All of mine have accidents....lol.

I don't agree with the statement. Just you have to pay more attention to details. There is no need to rush. The golden rule is.. fit three times, glue once.

[SC] Arachnicus;912845 said:
Thanks Wurger! My next plane is a FW190, 1:72 scale. I'll ask for tips on putty and sanding.

Feel free to ask everytime you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back