Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/72 Bf 109H-1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cockpit vents in progress...
20240416_002936.jpg

20240416_004018.jpg

The real thing:
20240416_001358.jpg

Cheers Hugh.
Tail wheel lock handle improved.
Still a touch big, may improve it yet.
View attachment 773436View attachment 773437
The level of detail at such a small scale is very impressive, good sir. Your attention to detail, seeing things thru no matter the difficulty, I simply can't wait until the complete project, I Believe it will be simply amazing. Your work just blows my mind.

Wow, cheers guys! I hope I can do your high praise justice.

At the moment, considering what to do with the cockpit vents. I improved one, destroyed the other trying same (too small, couldn't see properly), and then started to think that if this is based on a G-5 airframe, which was pressurised, would they even have them..?
Scouring the net, I found a photo of a restored G-14 (also pressurised), which has a sheet metal covering over the port vent assembly. The stbd side assembly is completely absent.
The Eduard G-5 instructions call for removing the port assembly altogether, but not the stbd.
I need to find an accurate photo or diagram of the G-5 cockpit itself to find out for sure ...and that said, was the H-1 even pressurised, though built from G-5 airframes??? Always so many questions! :)

Here's a pic of that G-14 cockpit, basically a pressurised G-6.
2161113 (1).jpg

Source: Airliners.net

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back