USA Formation?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt308

Glock Perfection
Apr 12, 2005
Washington State
Claimed to be an Air Force training squadron flying in a "USA" formation over the control tower "Taj Mahal" (HQ building) of Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.

Why does this look fake to me?

Attachments

• usa.jpg
    usa.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 183
Great catch. I guess what clued me in was, (1) that's a buttload of F-16s and (2) they would have to be climbing to get that perspective.

Great catch. I guess what clued me in was, (1) that's a buttload of F-16s and (2) they would have to be climbing to get that perspective.

In this case you're probably right but don't forget that you can have a relatively high angle of attack with a nose high attitude and still be flying level... it's all relative to each aircraft.

Right. But maintain that complex of a formation amongst all pilots at a high AOA? Hell they are F-16s with triply redundant flight control computers. They are flying upside down too!:)

And does anyone think the tip of the A looks like an F-100 and next row like an F-5/T-38? I figured it was just an anomaly in the digital pic.

Someone e-mailed the USA Formation pic to me. I looked all over the Randolph AFB website, and couldn't find anything about it. I believe it is bogus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back