USMC sniper metes out swift death in Iraq

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why would the English be shot at by U.S snipers in the Civil War, Dan? Although, I do recognise some English - and other British nationalities fought on either side in the U.S Civil War.

While the French have the reputation of being quite pathetic in conflict, in the Middle Ages they were one of the worlds great super-powers. And this was recognised all the way up to the World War II. This didn't come about by pure chance. The French had a strong industrial base throughout the ages, and provided vast armies for the battlefield and vast navies for the sea.
While I can name more dramatic defeats for the French, than I can victories, it doesn't mean they've never won. World War II is the reason that the French are "cowards" these days.

I think he might be referring to the fact that the British took control from them of Québec, Acadia (Now Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island), and parts of present-day Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.

Or then again maybe he means something completely different. I'm not Kreskin. :rolleyes:

;)

I was going to make comment but I shall not. Do not believe for a minute that all snipers are the calm cool and collected types at home or in public. Internal strength is of the utmost benefit and you using your smarts in all conditions whether under pressure or not. Keen eyesight was the must at one time but we have guys in the field wearing protective perscription lenses wqhich if you think about the overall protection is even better .......... in the desert during wind problems and in tropical zones

P38 Pilot said:
Wouldn't that be the French-Indian War? If it is, its on there.
Louisburg ,QuebecCity (Plains of Abraham),Niagara the British beating the French for the Northern part of North America

PB, you have been making several pokes at me over the last few months, all have which been uncalled for there bud, which i have been ignoring , but to insult me by comparing my education to the likes of of a highschool student is crossing the boundries, I was born and raised in a province which has the highest standards of education in the country and one of the top 10 of the continent, I also attented two years of highschool in Ontario, and let me tell you that you guys are the biggest bunch of illiterate people i have ever seen, so for you to find some sort of foot to stand on and tell me Im an idiot seriously shows the huge *** gap between East and West is still going strong, you dont like me, thats fine i can live with that, but keep your rude f*cking comments to yourself, unless youre just busting my balls thats allowed

I know you well-to-do western boys will find this a tad hard to believe, but when you and I were going through junior high and high school in the eighties huss, the province with the highest grade averages and some of the better universities in the country was - you ready for this? - Nova Scotia. Yup.

What the hell happened since then? A couple of things. A son of a b*tch PM named Jean Chrétien, and another son of a b*tch NS premier named John Savage. That's what.

Chief, as my pappy always said, "Son, when the Canadian Titans are throwing rocks, stay outta the way".:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back