V-22 Osprey Arrives in a combat zone for the first time.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mkloby hasn't emailed me in a while since he was in Oregon on his way to the sandbox, but I read in AvWeek that MV-22s are being retrofited now with an all aspect remote turret. So the claws of the Osprey has arrived.

Will do. He was in Pendleton, Oregon doing survival training as I recall. He took an early volunteer to the sandbox, God bless him. He said he would contact me once he settled in. Wish I had his CONUS address, I would send his wife and little Matty a card and gift pack. He said he was going to forward me his FPO. If he'll let me, I'll forward that back to Forum or at least a select group of his concurrence. Sure he would like the contact.

I PM'd you Adler. You know how it is better than I do. It is always better to receive. I have a list of things his Marines would enjoy to receive if anyone is interested.

I will send him a care package because I can use the Military Postal system to send it for free to Iraq.

Regarding the MV-22:

How come that the US never picked up on the Do31 ?

This a/c flew already 30 years ago and was only scrapped due to financial issues and didn't fit into NATO's doctrine of the 60's regarding massive retaliation.

Do31.jpg

With today's modern jet's it might be far more capable then the MV-22. IIRC NASA evaluated this a/c for almost a year in the US.

Regards
Kruska

Hey guys - things are going well. Thanks for the thoughts! I haven't been around not so much due to the availability of internet, it's the availability of time!

Don't anybody worry about the V-22's, they're doing great things out here!

Progress requires some sacrifices...let us hope that in this case there won't be any kind of sacrifice...30 lives lost is enough.

Mkloby's steed.

BAE's all-quadrant gun is mounted on the belly for optimal fire suppression. Credit: BAE

Attachments

• 869b5536-0b21-44d4-aee5-c8451db16ad9.Large.jpg
    869b5536-0b21-44d4-aee5-c8451db16ad9.Large.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 54
Actually end of 1989. Definitely had its teething problems. But mostly funding and changing mission criteria have hobbled the development of the Osprey.

Actually end of 1989. Definitely had its teething problems. But mostly funding and changing mission criteria have hobbled the development of the Osprey.

It is an incredible aircraft. Opponents of it have done a wonderful job of misinformation regarding the aircraft. The Time magazine article a year or so ago was a prime example of that... truly an awful piece of journalism.

Quite frankly, 1989 was too early for this aircraft... the technology was not quite there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back