'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No matter - it's all grist to the mill.

BTW there is another video around showing the way it shouldn't be done - the infamous Transall crash landing blocking the runway at RIAT and mucking up the display.

Meanwhile, I have posted some clips of a non-av type on the Off Topic section... more experiments in musical entertainment.

See also my post about Ray Hanna tribute on BBC news.
The Red Arrows have flown over a funeral in tribute to one of the pilots who made them famous.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/4532334.stm

From an old F'bro show when the Beeb used to bother... 2.5 mins on the 146 when it used to be made in the UK... nice plane but I have never been on one for shame.

Plus a C17 vid.

Attachments

• bae146-farnborough86_140.wmv
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • c17-profile-video_191.wmv
    8.5 MB · Views: 41
In the 50s Roly Falk rolled the Avro Vulcan at the Fboro airshow. Here is a video to prove he really did this.

I wonder what the biggest plane to be fully rolled was/is? I saw the vid of the 707 but that was a barrel roll. How about a C130 or B52? No, surely not.

Attachments

• xa889_vulcan_1955_farnborough_air_show_172.wmv
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
Not enough to make recovery difficult it would seem.

"Several spectacular Farnborough appearances followed, including a full roll at the 1955 show (try that in a B-52!). Falk had actually rolled the Vulcan on returning to Avro's Woodford base after a previous Farnborough appearance - that time he did it so low and so noisily that he smashed all the skylight windows in the assembly building!"
see: http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/vulcan/history.html

Another great British aircraft shows how it's done. Another bomber, this time we see the Martin B57 barrel rolling at low altitude.

Attachments

• canberra-roll_240.mpg
    20.2 MB · Views: 70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back