'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Mr G - here's the first of a couple of clips I made a while ago on US Navy machines in recent troubled times. Hope they play OK.

Attachments

• aviation_military_us_navy_strikes_back_622.wmv
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
While looking through some files from a while back I found these.

Attachments

• ferrari_vs_eurofighter_191.wmv
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • aviation__military__airplane__f16b_airshow_672.wmv
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • boeing_777_being_built_139.wmv
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
Cheers chaps!

I am not sure the chute is standard on all F16s. Maybe it is peculiar to the Dutch one. Smart air force - they give a better show with the Viper than the yanks who build it!

Royzee617 said:
Cheers chaps!

I am not sure the chute is standard on all F16s. Maybe it is peculiar to the Dutch one. Smart air force - they give a better show with the Viper than the yanks who build it!

Only the Dutch F-16s had a brake parachute pod.....

More...

Only the Netherlands, Denmark,Norway, Turkey and Greece have it (that's all the countries I can think of that have it).

The Netherlands and Denmark got fitted with a chute, because in case of a war during the cold war, they would have to use Icy runways, and thus they needed a chute to brake better.

In Belgium the option to add a chute was available but an ECM/RWR system was put in it (CARAPACE).

abf.sized.jpg

"I've read in the Dutch magazine "Onze Luchtmacht" that the Dutch Airforce uses a French type of parachute while the Norwegians use an US variant which presumed to be much better."

A longer clip as I am in a better mood today.

Watch this better-than-average video and find out the MiG 15's nickname in Russian.

Dosvedanya comrades!

Attachments

• aviation__military__airplane__mig15_bs_894.wmv
    23.5 MB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread

Back