'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A switch to another doc for the while. Have some more of that Lanc doc in the pipeline. MW here is something more up to date on Red Flag. Last night they had some stuff on Jetstream which I made into 4 min clips... a bit on the B17 too.

Attachments

• red_flag2_160.wmv
    17.6 MB · Views: 47
I had another look at the ending... hey, it wasn't my fault! Yippeeee!

MW here is the one Lanc clip I missed out....

The Battle of Berlin, corkscrew evasion and how horrid is was to fly on a raid.

Attachments

• lanc06_821.wmv
    14.6 MB · Views: 63
Red Flag encore.... F16 Aggressors, F-15Es etc. Once again too much talking heads yakety yak... some treats coming this week though as we journey back in time to WW2....

BTW I have been wandering around the web looking at some other forums.

We are so lucky with AWW2 that we can post chunky files. None of the others let you do more than post pix.

FL350 forum was quite good with people positing refs to vid clips. Might link them here in due course.

Attachments

• red_flag4_221.wmv
    12.7 MB · Views: 43
Viggen lands - turns around then departs the way it came...

Saw this routine at the Farnboro airshow years ago... awesome beast. Big engine, big thrust reverser, big AB, big brakes and no chute.

Attachments

• vigen_landing_186.wmv
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Great notion - wonder if they use em in combat - ho ho. Harrier-style!

But it's an extra maintenance job and you are lugging more weight around. Poss have to adjust aerodynamics and trim etc.

Real treat for you today - the new to the UK Curtiss Hawk 75A at IWM Duxford.

This is a bit of an experiment - edited out some of the talking head stuff.... even tho it is Stephen Grey the cut cut is irritating.

Also I tried to take a screenshot... not obvious how to do this on the PC. You get the player but there's no still from the video... so I had to snap the LCD screen with my digicam, upload that to the PC and PS it. Argh! Hence the lower quality - a still from the wmv, maybe over the w/e I will try one with the higher res vid.

Attachments

• 1k_js_965.wmv
    15.2 MB · Views: 66
  • img_3004ch_400.jpg
    img_3004ch_400.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 113
C-130 Hercules Takes Flight--Watch The Video Now
Just Flight's heavy hauler is fully loaded and on its way to re-supply Flight Simulator 2004. After 6,000 hours of hard work the Herc' is airborne.
Perhaps the greatest transport aircraft in history, the C-130 Hercules is painstakingly reproduced for FS2004 in extremely high detail with over 80 accurate animations and in 52 different liveries.

Just Flight's Alex ford commented :"To say that C-130 Hercules has been 'long awaited' would be an understatement, but it is now finished to our satisfaction and also includes lots of exclusive extra content. Reviews of the download version from Captain Sim have already confirmed our opinion that this is the best military aircraft ever produced for Flight Simulator"

Fully licensed by both the RAF and Lockheed Martin, Just Flight's C-130 Hercules includes an in-flight refuelling option, exclusive tutorial, scenery of RAF Lyneham by Gary Summons and a 240-page printed manual.

Also now available to download and watch is a product video to commemorate the release of this classic carrier. The quality of the video is quite something, definitely well worth taking a look at.

Here are the links for the 3 different sized video:

ftp://80.68.88.211/jf/videos/jfc130hq.zip = highest quality 68mb
ftp://80.68.88.211/jf/videos/jfc130mq.zip = medium 35mb
ftp://80.68.88.211/jf/videos/jfc130lq.zip = low 16mb

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/notams06/jf0227.htm

[BTW I have tried this so I don't know if it is OK].

Chinook vid - pretty good except for the messing about with the vid in the editing suite... argh... why?????

Attachments

• chinook_js_926.wmv
    17.4 MB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Back