'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why is the F-5 video called Turkish stars? That was a Swiss team?

Good footage all the same, nice to see the F-5 in a guise other than as a 'MiG-28' in Top Gun ;)

Whoops.... dunno what I was thinking of. Maybe putting you lot to the test, so once again Major R988 is the winner!

Old age and over work are taking their toll.

In my defence both the TS and Swiss have used the F5 as a display team machine.... didn't the TBirds and maybe someone else... so it is maybe the most used type so far. Only two have used the Hawk (Reds and Finns so far). No hang on the Tbirds used the Talon which is sort of an F5.

Nice to see the Canberra, I think this is the last year we get to see them at UK airshows before they are retired?

V2 was interesting as well.

For shame - nice plane nice sound. Mind you there is a privately owned one.

Have dug out some older clips of the A4 etc for your enjoyment.

Attachments

• a4_documentary_1_634.wmv
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
A less dramatic clip from the sequence this time.

I reckon there is a continuity error in the shorter clip - the scene opens with a plane in sillhouette and I reckon it is a Goshawk and then you see an A4 taking off. Easily done as they look a bit similar.

Finally a treat for guitarists, Rory Gallagher live doing Shinkicker:
http://www.rory-gallagher-tributepage.de/lyrics/shin_kicker.htm

Attachments

• a4_documentary_2_756.wmv
    670 KB · Views: 37
  • a4_documentary_3_917.wmv
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • rory_gallagher__montreux_79__rare_clip_144.wmv
    5.7 MB · Views: 28
The Ministry of Defence has awarded a contract to QinetiQ to demonstrate the advanced targeting capability offered by Electronically Scanned (E-Scan) radar technology. QinetiQ has teamed with SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems and BAE Systems Customer Solutions Support to integrate an Active Electronically-Scanned Array (AESA) on a Tornado GR4A for assessment by the RAF in 2007.

With growing interest in extending the in-service life of the GR4, the project will explore the use of Active E-Scan Array (AESA) and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) in an air-to-surface role, including real-time target imaging, with a view to replacing the installed mechanically-scanned terrain following/ground mapping radar system originally designed in the 1970s.
nice pic of Tornado there too....
http://www.qinetiq.com/home/newsroom/news_releases_homepage/2006/1st_quarter/arts.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back