'Videos of the Day' an ongoing thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks mate. I was a bit discouraged before with the YT suspension but I am off again. Will be re-posting some of the stuff that's on here and what was on YT but also new clips I have unearthed.
They come from the most unlikely sources. In fact I got one the other day off a BBC prog called 'Working Lunch'. They interviewed this guy about a Hurricane he was restoring.

Had planned some more vid clip preparation over the hols but Sat night my desktop was rebooting, there was a whine, a pop and then a burning smell... am off to Maplins today in search of a new PSU.

Meanwhile, I am having a go at plugging together my Hauppage WinTV USB2 gadget. Seems OK except that the audio is out of synch with the video. But that seems to be cured now with a switch to a different audio input.

Online Video: Mildenhall Air Fete 82 Lightning display | Veoh Video Network
Posted this vid of a Lightning display way back in 1982 at the now defunct Mildenhall Air Fete.

Mixed feelings about this one. I am pleased with it just because it is available to post - it was the first time I had a camcorder to try out. My friend brought his Sony Betacam along but as sodd's law would have it the weather was bad. Well, not impossible but a let down.

The quality or lack of it is also due to its having been copied several times - from the original Betamax to VHS and then to mpg.

The sad side is that this was the pilot's last but one display I think, Mr Thompson and this plane were lost off Flamborough Head a while later. So this is dedicated to his memory. I have another clip somewhere which has him talking about the display, might even be up here in an earlier post.

Yes, here 'tis:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/at...244688-videos-day-ongoing-thread-airshow6.wmv

There are some other clips of the Air Fete on there and one or two on YT. BTW found a gem on YT the other day, short mixed clip of Upper Heyford's Open House from 1971... I was there as a kid. Happy daze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back