Vigilantes appearing in the border drug wars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amsel

Tech Sergeant
Jul 15, 2008
Texas
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (Reuters) – Shadowy vigilante groups are threatening Mexico's drug gangs near the U.S. border in retaliation for a wave of murders and kidnappings that killed 1,600 people in this city alone last year.

One group in the border city of Ciudad Juarez pledged last week to "clean our city of these criminals" and said their mission was to "end the life of a criminal every 24 hours."

The emergence of vigilantes would be a new twist to a vicious drug war that killed 5,700 people in Mexico last year and forced the United States to give hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to the Mexican government.
Shadow of vigilantes appears in Mexico drug war - Yahoo! News

I was thinking the same. It worked well in Colombia with Los Pepes scaring the hell out of the cartels.

I have no problem with these vigilantes as long both Governments are unwilling to put serious effort into stopping this type of activity, and as lang as those doing wrong are the only ones targeted. If the news starts reporting more and more of these incidents, and keeps bringing this issue to light, both governments will have no choice sooner or later to get serious about this problem.

This story is another reason I am thankful for our right to bear arms. To protect ourselves against low life people like these drug runners and cartels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back