Vintage photos of days gone by....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sam Guns ?? Now in the 50's that place would be loaded with matching Mausers and other weapons of WWII bought then $25 and today $3K+

How many noticed the Volvo Amazon, 122, to the left of the pic, behind the '59 Chevy? 8)
Seen it, but it's not an uncommon sight as they were a common import back in the day. There's even a few still on the road here in Redding. A beige one and a dark blue one. We even used to have Renaults and Citroens back in the day, but they are nearly extinct, haven't seen one in decades.

Here's a photo of the Redding Greyhound bus depot that they recently tore down. Great art-deco building (the interior was awesome), such a waste :(

greyhoundreddingca[720].jpg

Also, look what's parked on the next street over (seen just past the corner of the building), appears to be a late 20's Ford :thumbleft:

Nah. That's Jan's car. Look closely and you'll see the different coloured panels, and the spiral-painted wheels - he was taking a break from his job as Circus clown, and booking a coach trip to Glasgow ...................

Thr light house still stands today and a pic of Benachi Ave and the The Oaks which at times takes a permit to remove something you notice in many of the pics.

Attachments

• 18159v.jpg
    18159v.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 4a13277v.jpg
    4a13277v.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 164
  • 4a08959v.jpg
    4a08959v.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 149
91126-large.jpg

Picture of the pub my ancestors ran alongside their furniture business, c.1880. I believe the gentleman in black was my great great (great?) uncle Sam. Their picture hangs by the bar still, I keep meaning to pop in for a pint but have never managed it. My uncle did a lot of interesting family history, we believe one of their children actually drowned in the lock on the canal, which is just outside the entrance to the pub!

riverside road in my home town of stockton on tees, these pictures were taken about 10 years apart in 1960's to 70s.

i used to work in the building on the left had side of the first picture, seen on the right of the second pic.

it was originally a flour mill and became a pub/restaurant and is now part of an Italian restaurant chain !

t12484.jpg

t12483.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back