War thunder community? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pops-paolo

I will love England forever despite Euro 2020!
May 25, 2021
New Ansterdam
I know the guys up top are kinda skeptical about flight sims but war thunder is so much fun and in general video games propelled my love for history and planes. If it weren't into historical video games I would be a weeb or I would be playing Minecraft all-day

If you are interested put your name down
My highest br for tanks is like 6.3 Italy 4.0 Germany 2.3 France
for planes 2.3 Italy
my gamer tag is pops_paolo

I know the guys up top are kinda skeptical about flight sims but war thunder is so much fun and in general video games propelled my love for history and planes. If it weren't into historical video games I would be a weeb or I would be playing Minecraft all-day

If you are interested put your name down
My highest br for tanks is like 6.3 Italy 4.0 Germany 2.3 France
for planes 2.3 Italy
my gamer tag is pops_paolo
really noo one is there

I played WT when it was just released but lost interest after 2-3 months or so. Tried again several times in past years, but did not continue, except occasional skirmishes in ships. It is a good product and I was glad to see that Gaijin succeeded after the first failures.
But WT is missing something which attracts me to old Il-2 1946.

I'm not averse to flight sims, but I don't seem to find the time for it anymore. Also I lack a good gaming computer nowadays. Still startup flightgear every now and then, for some serious flightsimming. Pitty IL2 doesn't work on Linux.

Last edited:
I played WT when it was just released but lost interest after 2-3 months or so. Tried again several times in past years, but did not continue, except occasional skirmishes in ships. It is a good product and I was glad to see that Gaijin succeeded after the first failures.
But WT is missing something which attracts me to old Il-2 1946.
yeah same to be honest but since the beginning of war thunder has made a lot more ntent

I'm not averse to flight sims, but I don't seem to find the time for it anymore. Also I lack a good gaming computer nowadays. Still startup flightgear every now and then, for some serious flightsimming. Pitty IL2 doesn't work on Linux.
what are you my dad why are you using linux

what are you my dad why are you using linux
No, I don't think I'm your dad as far as I know :)
Why I use Linux is a long story, but if you want a few reasons:
- I prefer free and opensource software
- I want to have full control of my computer
- I hate to have to run anti virus software
- I don't want to be spied up on by Microsoft
- Windows' interface sucks
- Linux doesn't get slower over time

I can go on all day ;)

Yeah, I aleady run Flightgear. Don't want to run Wine, which is necessary to run Windows software.

Last edited:
No, I don't think I'm your dad as far as I know :)
Why I use Linux is a long story, but if you want a few reasons:
- I prefer free and opensource software
- I want to have full control of my computer
- I hate to have to run anti virus software
- I don't want to be spied up on by Microsoft
- Windows' interface sucks
- Linux doesn't get slower over time

I can go on all day ;)

Yeah, I aleady run Flightgear. Don't want to run Wine, which is necessary to run Windows software.
bro my dad wants to buy a Linux based phone
idk what he is thinking

i get ptsd when i think of war thunder- getting sniped by tank destroyers from across the map was a traumatic experience.
bro my dad wants to buy a Linux based phone
idk what he is thinking

bruv linux is amazing. I'm using a ubuntu/windows dual booted laptop and i love it. And is it the pinephone he wants? unfortunately they haven't shipped to south africa yet

i get ptsd when i think of war thunder- getting sniped by tank destroyers from across the map was a traumatic experience.

bruv linux is amazing. I'm using a ubuntu/windows dual booted laptop and i love it. And is it the pinephone he wants? unfortunately they haven't shipped to south africa yet
UNFORTUNATELY?
lamo i would not want a pine phone I'm sorry
Also getting sniped by TDs takes a lot of skill to the tanker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back