War winning weapons

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't doubt his numbers on range but again, his numbers will be from either the company numbers or from general firing range practice. The fact is none are the true range of a rifle.
With a SLR the effective range is 1500m as said by the company, and by most forces using it. You can always achieve higher by drop shots, so you can never get the precise range of a rifle. And if someone was very good or, most likely, very lucky they could kill someone at 2000m - 3000m with drop shooting.

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

That's a great site, you name the gun, it's got it.

I know but it's still an effective range of the rifle. Those ranges you get on paper are not the ultimate range of a rifle, that's my point.

Another point on the 5.56mm, if a person is stood behind a thick tree. The M-16 or any other 5.56mm rifle for that matter won't be able to get him. However the SLR and most other 7.62mm rifles will put a hole straight through it, and at least, injure the person behind.

It would depend on the size of the tree. I may be wrong on this, but I thought EFFECTIVE range was the range at which a certain hit probability could be maintained. The maximum range the bullet would carry would be further, but the hit probability would be so low as to be next to impossible.

You do, have you ever seen a SLR? Have you seen the power of it? Get me a SLR, go stand behind a tree and I'll shoot it at you. Then you won't doubt it, you'll either be dead or at least injured.

The effective range is the range of the rifle which has a high chance of killing the enemy with a hit. This is obviously restricted by the person firing it. A rifles full range would be hard to measure, but the point is a M-16 could achieve about 1500m going full but the SLR will be going on for 2000-3000m, chances of hitting minimal but it could still do it.

The average kill distance in combat is 400 - 500m. That's why the M-16s range is so low because it doesn't need to be any higher. But if they get caught in open ground with a kilometer distance, just hope the opponent doesn't have Ak-47s or SLRs :D

Lets put it this way, with a SLR if you can see it you can kill it.

No one can see an unlit candle at 14 miles. With you being so picky, I thought I would. So are you going to get me a SLR so I can shoot at you, or what? You can even hide behind a brick wall if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back