Warbirds in Miniature - Cosford 2013.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just mind blowing Terry!!!!
The skill of these model makers not to mention the pilots is awesome!!
Keep them coming
:) :) :)

Thanks Alex.
There's more info re the Dornier in the up-date thread, elsewhere on the forum, but the plan is to stabilise it first, with conservation the priority. This will take a couple of years, in the hydration units shown in the pics. Then the idea is to re-assemble it as it was, preserve as much as possible in original condition, and put it on display at the RAFM.
I've heard two versions regarding the display location - one at Hendon, and one in the Cosford main entrance, and no doubt things will be finalised when the aircraft is ready, but I believe the display will be along the lines of Hendon's Halifax, rescued from Lake Hocklingen in 1973.

Great photographs Terry. I love RC warbirds. I used to have a small collection of Parkzone war birds.
I started with a Spit that had a total flight time of around 4 1/2 seconds before I nose dived it into a field and needless to say it was really only for for spares after that.

Here's the P-51 that I had.

C270E963-E4B8-4A0C-A4BB-C12DF5CF8104-851-000000CAEC9FA119.jpg

I never had the balls to fly and destroy it so sold them on after.
Flying them is much harder that it looks.

Last edited:
yep, yopu can say that again. i have four RC choppers, and have only recently learnt to fly single rotor, which is much harder than the contra rotating versions

I also now have exactly 12 hours on the model Cessna tri that I have....a cheap but not nasty foamy that was trying to learn on. Have progressed to hand launch take off and dead stick landing in the long grass. Cant yet take off or land on the wheels yet. Its tricky.

I have some on board video of my largest chopper if anyone would like to see.

Fantastic shots terry

Flying RC aircraft is a bit of a sport at my work (althought I don't do it - no time!); some of the guys bring in their creations - that's all some of them could be called and fly them in the hangar when waiting for aircraft to arrive or last thing whilst the aircraft are out doing ground runs. Some of the guys have slow flyers they bought from kits, but there are a few who have built their own designs and fitted them with little recip engines. They look pretty spectacular when they go smack into the hangar floor or the aircraft tug! One guy made a little rocket motor and strapped it to the bottom of this big high wing thing and flew it last week. I didn't see it, but it didn't fly to bits like everyone predicted, it went up to 4,000 feet though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back