Warbirds Over The Beach

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Charles, you know how far away I am. What do you think travel time would be? I'm off on disability until the 25th so I might make this. I could drive down for the day.

I would guess-timate about 6 hours driving time, one way. How close are
you to RT 13 ??? I know 13 goes into Dover, but don't know where it goes
northward, from there. Rt 13 comes down the eastern shore of Md. Va.,
right into Va. Beach.

I just checked, this is NOT a free event. Tickets are $25.00 !!!! Forty bucks
for both days.....

Charles

No, I don't think so, TL. Being un-employed I don't dare blow the cash on
an air show. I might drive out to the beach and watch from there. They
will do most of their flying over the actual beach.

Charles

That is a hefty price. I was entertaining the idea of coming down as I'm going out of my mind at home here, but I don't think time and logistics are going to mesh. Oh well.

Due to continous rain and T-storms all week-end this was a complete bust. Little [if any] flying was done. Those
that did attend were given a form for a complete refund. Most of the time was spent touring the facilities [shops]
and the aircraft on display, indoors. They said they would reschedule later in the summer.

Charles

Man, that blows. I find, though, that unless you have a burning desire to get up close and personal with the planes and pilots (which is generally worth it), if worse comes to worst there is always a spot or two outside the show grounds where one can camp out with a lawnchair, umbrella, and sudsy cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread