Well Fellers... Eta is here to stay

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Peter Gunn

Master Sergeant
Jan 13, 2016
Clearwater, Florida
So looks like I'll (and anyone else in the Clearwater area) will be riding out Eta tonight and tomorrow, our offices are closed and the city has the Emergency Operations Center activated.

With luck we won't lose power, in actuality it shouldn't be too bad, lots of wind and rain, got plenty of food, water and ammo so we'll be fine.

See ya'll on the other side.

Cheers,
Hunkered Down Pete.

Thanks all, it was a fairly strong storm, it was downgraded to a Tropical Storm from a Cat 1 Hurricane, still was packing 70mph winds and SHEETS of rain. Didn't lose power but it kept flickering so wife and I turned off all the computers and TV and opened the blinds in the bedroom. There's a bay window in there and we just sat and watched the storm roll by, pretty cool actually.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint you all, but I survived, now, to see what's up with the P-39 and Lancaster threads... :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks all, it was a fairly strong storm, it was downgraded to a Tropical Storm from a Cat 1 Hurricane, still was packing 70mph winds and SHEETS of rain. Didn't lose power but it kept flickering so wife and I turned off all the computers and TV and opened the blinds in the bedroom. There's a bay window in there and we just sat and watched the storm roll by, pretty cool actually.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint you all, but I survived, now, to see what's up with the P-39 and Lancaster threads... :lol::lol::lol:
It seems that Eta has caused a radical shift of opinion on those threads, the Lancaster is now a space shuttle and the P-39 has two engines, so twice as many charts, guns and fuel tanks to consider.

Well, that was a disappointment. I live in a north suburb of Tampa, and all we got was a steady drizzle. I was hoping for at least a decent amount of rain. We can use it, this late in the season. I AM glad we didn't get a massive hurricane like the folks in Nicaragua got when Eta came to visit them. Tucked away on the eastern side of the Gulf of Mexico, we thankfully miss most of the bad ones. Most storms follow the Gulf Stream northward and head past us, to hit the Florida panhandle and points west (looking at you, Louisiana).

-Irish

Well, that was a disappointment. I live in a north suburb of Tampa, and all we got was a steady drizzle. I was hoping for at least a decent amount of rain. We can use it, this late in the season. I AM glad we didn't get a massive hurricane like the folks in Nicaragua got when Eta came to visit them. Tucked away on the eastern side of the Gulf of Mexico, we thankfully miss most of the bad ones. Most storms follow the Gulf Stream northward and head past us, to hit the Florida panhandle and points west (looking at you, Louisiana).

-Irish
Yeah, wasn't really a concern actually, I came up the Bayside Bridge here on the peninsula side at about 6:00 pm and that was a bit hairy, strong gusts and sheets of rain. Headed over the Courtney Campbell Causeway and that was REALLY bad, like driving in a fog the rain was so heavy and worse on the way back about 7:00 pm.

Haven't seen any trees down or storm damage to speak of, although the Courtney Campbell was closed yesterday afternoon for a while but not sure why. The bright side is my SUV got one heck of a good wash job before I got her in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back