westland whirlwind 1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
After mentioning it a week or so ago on another post and seeing there might be interest i went through my old kits and found an old airfix issue,i will put on some pics once i get started

bob416.jpg

bob415.jpg

bob414.jpg

pics of the kit,i think this is a reissue approx 1998-2000 of a 1970's kit,i still think that this aircraft if developed properly could have saved many lives being lost in the early air battles,when matched against me109's later in the war in france [1941] they made short work of them due to the 4 cannons mounted close together in the nose

Yep...also the re-boxed kit is offered by Bilek with no.917. It is quite a basic model. Are you going to add a few details more?

I made that kit a few years ago and I have to agree, there's not much more than the seat visible once the canopy goes on. Its a surprisingly nice kit for an old Airfix. Nice fine raised detail that is not overdone at all and it builds up into a real nice kit without much extra effort.

well i've started pics to follow shortly,as my white waltham airfield has stalled for a minute due to planing out how to build the wall mounted case and how to fix the models on without them falling off plus getting fed up with painting the markings onto the MB2 by hand[mainly due to drying times of paint] i thought i'd just get on with the build

bob429.jpg

1st i painted the cockpit sides using some modeling paint i bought when i last got into this a a teenager,unbelievably the paint is still in good useable condition some 30 plus years later
bob424.jpg

bob430.jpg

bob422.jpg

next i joined both fuselage sides together,panels gaps so far are the best i've seen for ages

bob436.jpg

bob439.jpg

bob438.jpg

bob432.jpg

bob431.jpg

bob433.jpg

bob441.jpg

1st stage now complete ,the kit went together very well,nice and clean,i took a pic of the cockpit showing what detail you can see with the canopy fitted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back