What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Holy crap, I had not heard of that before.
It is in Persian, But this is an incomplete events and names of Executed / Assassinated people (Mostly from Army / Gendarmerie / Shahrbani) between Feb. 22 to Aug 22, 1979! I was and am one of those who gathered this list. And that's just tip of Iceberg!

Tuesday I came home and the phone indicted "Line in Use" I picked it up and heard only some buzzing - not a dial tone. I reported this to AT&T and they told me they would be out to fix it TODAY, as in Friday. 4 days without a phone! The neighbors across the street are in the same situation. Note: We are not having a hurricane.

That is unacceptable , so I decided to dump AT&T and go with Spectrum, my Internet and cable TV provider for phone service. I logged onto their website with some difficulty - they had forgotten my password it seems - and clicked on "Additional Services." I got a message saying that my next payment was due 1 Sept and since it was overdue (!!!!) they could not discuss any additional services.

I got on chat with them a few minutes ago and eventually found out that my 1 Jul payment was $0.40 short. I did not get a bill from them last month and called in to find out the amount and where to mail it. They told me the amount and I sent it in. They did not bother to tell me that I needed to add an additional $0.40 from the previous month, so therefore my account is in arrears. I told them to forget about the phone service; I'll stick with AT&T.

Tuesday I came home and the phone indicted "Line in Use" I picked it up and heard only some buzzing - not a dial tone. I reported this to AT&T and they told me they would be out to fix it TODAY, as in Friday. 4 days without a phone! The neighbors across the street are in the same situation. Note: We are not having a hurricane.

That is unacceptable , so I decided to dump AT&T and go with Spectrum, my Internet and cable TV provider for phone service. I logged onto their website with some difficulty - they had forgotten my password it seems - and clicked on "Additional Services." I got a message saying that my next payment was due 1 Sept and since it was overdue (!!!!) they could not discuss any additional services.

I got on chat with them a few minutes ago and eventually found out that my 1 Jul payment was $0.40 short. I did not get a bill from them last month and called in to find out the amount and where to mail it. They told me the amount and I sent it in. They did not bother to tell me that I needed to add an additional $0.40 from the previous month, so therefore my account is in arrears. I told them to forget about the phone service; I'll stick with AT&T.
I had that "buzzing" problem with AT&T for years. It was actually a "static" sound, much like noise on an AM two-way radio.

I tried to get them to fix it for years and they insisted the issue was on my side and for a fee, they would do "in wall" repairs. We went back and forth for ages until my line went dead (much like yours) where the line was acting like a phone was off the hook.
After going back and forth with customer service for a week, they sent out a repairman and he found the issue out at their neighborhood box.
It turns out that water had gotten into an old splice had corroded the copper leads over time and the only reason my line was still working (up to the failure) was due to the salts left behind by the electrolysis still conducting.
Eventually even that failed, leaving the line open.
Needless to say, when I got confirmation of the repair by customer service, I gave them the mother of all "I told you so's".
They apologized profusely and comped my phone bill for the next three months. :thumbleft:

It is common after we have had some rain for the phone line to get scratchy. It gets bad enough and I have them come out and fix it by hooking up another pair of wires. at the big box. But this time it was not scratchy but Buzz - Buzzz - Buzz and then nothing at all.

I think the AT&T repairman may have showed up right when I got on the shower, so I may be done with them permanently. Anybody wants to call me can e-mail me first and I'll turn on my cellphone. No way am I leaving the cellphone on. I was working with a friend of mine the other day and he got about 25 calls from scammers claiming to be the Social Security Admin.

It is common after we have had some rain for the phone line to get scratchy. It gets bad enough and I have them come out and fix it by hooking up another pair of wires. at the big box. But this time it was not scratchy but Buzz - Buzzz - Buzz and then nothing at all.

I think the AT&T repairman may have showed up right when I got on the shower, so I may be done with them permanently. Anybody wants to call me can e-mail me first and I'll turn on my cellphone. No way am I leaving the cellphone on. I was working with a friend of mine the other day and he got about 25 calls from scammers claiming to be the Social Security Admin.
I gave the people I know special ringtones. I use a distinct and annoying ringtone as the default. If it's the annoying tone, I let the call go to voicemail. Scammers don't seem to leave voicemails.

Wife was injured at work Wednesday. Saw the Dr Friday, surgery this morning 0600 hrs. Covid shut down visiting patients. Nurse slipped me wife because the wife was terrified. Total shoulder replacement. 3 days or terrible pain. She does nor handle sedation will. They should be done in the next 7 minutes. I cannot be with her in the room. I am going home and sleep and then build a model the next few days.

Wife was injured at work Wednesday. Saw the Dr Friday, surgery this morning 0600 hrs. Covid shut down visiting patients. Nurse slipped me wife because the wife was terrified. Total shoulder replacement. 3 days or terrible pain. She does nor handle sedation will. They should be done in the next 7 minutes. I cannot be with her in the room. I am going home and sleep and then build a model the next few days.
Lord be with you. My wife is currently having a lot of pain from various conditions. It's the weekend so doctor office closed (and my doctor is undergoing chemotherapy). She wants to go back to Thailand where pain killers aren't quite as difficult to obtain. I'm going a little nuts myself.

Lord be with you. My wife is currently having a lot of pain from various conditions. It's the weekend so doctor office closed (and my doctor is undergoing chemotherapy). She wants to go back to Thailand where pain killers aren't quite as difficult to obtain. I'm going a little nuts myself.
Our fingers are crossed, and praying for your wives.

They may release my wife Sunday because they are afraid of covid exposure. I will have to play nurse and remove the nerve block Monday. No model plane for me. I was hoping to go to work next week. I got a great job 90 days ago. I had to miss work for kidney stones and now missed a week for the wife. Hope I can keep the job. One day at a time. Step kids are ready to drive in to help. I'm watching nova story on recovering crew members of three WW2 aircraft. Show is The Last B24.

There are more CRIMES and CRIMINALS working on day, rather than night!!! And they are well protected by BARRICADES.
I agree. I was in health insurance for 12 years. Not all are bad but mist are. I sent the last 1o years collecting insurance payments for hospitals. It is a mess. The business changed in the 70s. It is now deny, relay and defend in court to maximize profits. One ploy is to ware out the person so they give up.

I agree. I was in health insurance for 12 years. Not all are bad but mist are. I sent the last 1o years collecting insurance payments for hospitals. It is a mess. The business changed in the 70s. It is now deny, relay and defend in court to maximize profits. One ploy is to ware out the person so they give up.
I have almost experienced any "Part Time Job" that you can imagine! Worked in Grand Bazar, In insurance companies, Bookstores, Handcraft galleries, Tour Leader, Night Shifts in Hotel Esteghlal, you name it! and it was same, everywhere! Never was in a job for more than 3 months, because they should employ you after 90th day! and pay for insurance. I founded my own job, making and selling hand made necklaces and accessories and that's where my income, comes from. I even had a stand in Bazar Parvaneh. My own job, My own rules, real pure meaning of freedom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back